Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, March 16, 2012

Just a Homemaker

intentionalhomemakingbanner


So often I hear these words come out of some sweet, dear mommies mouth…

          “I’m JUST a homemaker”  or  “I’m JUST a mom”

I know that I have muttered these words myself…

Years ago I use to share…

          “I am a stay at home mom that is never home”

I was proud of this… I was involved in many activities and ministries… 

            I was being used by God.

I would dress and load up my 4 children (at the time), throw some cereal in a zip lock bag for them… and off we went.  At night the common question asked by one of my little ones was… 

           “where are we going tomorrow, Mommy?”

The truth was that I thought JUST being a mom, JUST being a homemaker was not good enough…

                not worthy enough…
                                  
                                 JUST not enough…

And then…

God spoke gently to my heart – He said,

         “I am calling you home…” 

                     “I want to teach you who you are…”
        
                            “I want to show you what I have called you to be… to do…”

so, after wrestling with this, I gave up all the ministries I was involved in and…

                I came HOME…
                                                   ...home to Him

It was there that He taught me (and is still teaching me) what it means to be His child…

What it means to be defined by Him…

         What it means to be His…

I will share more on this journey, He has take me on in future Intentional Homemaker posts.

Check out Esther’s articles on being an Intentional Homemaker.  To start at the introduction of the series click here or read Part 1, 2, 3 or 4.

The latest Intentional Homemaking Challenge:
  • Keep in the word! {Daily!} Put the Lord FIRST and FOREMOST at the beginning of your days. {And keep record of the change that you see in your life & your home.}
  • Take the Proverbs 31 Challenge {Read Proverbs 31:10-31} for 1 week daily…and observe more about this woman. Write your findings down.
  • Serve your family with a new & refreshed heart.
“There is no need to get intimidated when it comes to the Proverbs 31 woman.
Don’t get discouraged when you read about her spinning wool and flax! Don’t get lost in all the tiny details and forget about the big picture. Which is a woman who is defined by her Lord and Savor, who seeks to become more like Him, in all that she does. Be it through her laundry, making dinner for her family or keeping a tidy and pleasant home.

Find Esther over at www.oursimplecountrylife.com

~only a child of God,

Pin It

No comments: