Today we celebrate my oldest son’s birthday…
my giving son is 25.
25 on the 25th… his golden birthday
25 golden years of being this boys mama…
I share about how he changed our life forever here:
As I re-read this post, I am reminded of his consistency as a friend, a brother and a son…
A man that is steadfast and faithful… Encouraging and giving… creative and gentle…
My giving son has started his own blog… here was his entry on his turning 25…
Since I started a blog I feel as if I should have some sort of an introduction; an “about the author” if you will. Since I’ll be turning 25 years-young on the 25th of this month, I figure a list of 25 facts about myself might be a good place to start. Some of these you may know already, others maybe not. I may even use some of these “facts” as topics for my blog in the future. (Hmm…) So here we go!
1) I was born on Saturday, February 25th 1989; child 1 of 8 to David and Kathey.
My dad and I.
2) I have a stuffed panda bear named “Duh.” When he was given to me I couldn’t pronounce the two syllable word “panda”, I could just say the second half of the word, “Da.” That’s how he got his name. Duh currently resides in my sock drawer with his best friend, Patch the stuffed Dalmatian.
Me, My dog, Prairie Dawn, Duh, and “Fake Duh.”(more on him later.)
3) My favorite book as a child was “Goodnight Moon.” To this day it is still one of my favorites; along with “Where the Wild Things Are”, “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe”, and “The Sneetches.” (Yes, I know those are all kids’ books.)
4) My favorite movie as a child was “Fievel Goes West”, the sequel to “An American Tail.” I also had a Fievel Mousekewitz stuffed toy.
5) The 5 people I look up to the most are Jesus Christ, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., C.S. Lewis, Bono, and my sister Brittaney.
Brittaney and I.
6) As a child my dream job was to be a lawyer. I thought people who wore glasses, and carried around briefcases were cool.
7) Barney the Dinosaur came to my 4th birthday party. Here’s proof!
Barney, Me, Mum, and Brittaney.
8) When I was Middle-School I was really into skateboarding and “rap-core.” (Remember P.O.D., Pax217, and early Linkin Park?)
9) I’ve never had a girlfriend.
10) My favorite genre of fiction is fantasy. My favorite characters are Reepicheep the Mouse (The Chronicles of Narnia), Gandalf the Grey (The Lord of The Rings) and Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire).
11) My favorite TV show as a child was “Darkwing Duck.” It was a spin-off of Disney’s “Duck Tales.” One Halloween my mom made me a Darkwing Duck costume.
Brittaney and I… I mean DARKWING DUCK!
12) My favorite comic-book superhero is V. from “V for Vendetta.”
13) I’ve always loved the Beatles.
14) Paul is my favorite Beatle.
15) I share a birthday with George Harrison.
16) Despite popular opinion, I believe it was actually John who broke up The Beatles.
17) I started collecting vinyl when I was 15; before it was cool. (Kidding, it’s always been cool; hipsters just weren’t around yet.)
18) My favorite album is U2’s “Joshua Tree” and I currently have two copies of it on vinyl. (If you submit me a one paragraph explanation on why I should give it to you, I just might.)
19) I didn’t start drinking coffee till I was 19, and I haven’t stopped since. What can I say, I like coffee. (And coffee mugs!)
20) I was homeschooled since 2nd grade.
21) My youngest brother, Jonathan is autistic. He has inadvertently taught me so much about tolerance, acceptance, and love.
22) My favorite movie of all time is “Monty Python and The Holy Grail.” (And I will quote it if the opportunity arises.)
23) I’m currently on staff as an intern at Antioch Church on the Rock.
24) I am currently carrying a Nerf gun in the trunk of my car. It is to protect myself from the other interns, who also carry Nerf guns in the trunks of their cars.
25) Finally, I love reading. I firmly believe that if you don’t enjoy reading it is because you haven’t found what you like reading yet.
Me, Myself, and I. #Nofilter
You can check out my giving sons blog at:
Happy Golden Birthday Nick~