Angel Biscuit Rolls
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Sift together flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add buttermilk and dissolved yeast. Add shortening and stir. Store dough, covered, in the fridge until ready to use.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface or shape into balls--these do not need to rise. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe From: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/angel-biscuit-rolls/detail.aspx