I love that Autumn weather brings a desire for comfort food, the kind that warms the belly. I love soups and it is soup and sandwiches on Sunday during Autumn and Winter in our household. So, I have been reviewing some of our favorites:
and looking for some new ones -
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
A yummy and easy homemade version of Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes crushed
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2/3 bag homemade-style egg pasta
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot combine 6 cups water, chicken breasts and salt. Boil until the chicken is cooked completely.
- Remove your chicken from the water and let cool. Cover with Saran Wrap and place in fridge.
- Strain the broth from the cooked chicken so that broth is clear. Return broth to your pot.
- Add carrots, celery and crushed chicken bouillon cubes to your broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add your noodles once soup is boiling. Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Dice your chicken into cubes while your soup is simmering. Add chicken to the soup and simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Add pepper to taste.
Crock-Pot Hawaiian Chicken Chili
- 2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 C green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained w/ juice reserved
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel Tomatoes, or diced tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14. oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 C prepared BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil just until they have some color but are not cooked through.
- Place chicken in crock pot and top with onion, bell peper, tomatoes, beans, BBQ sauce, and 3/4 C of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir chili powder, cumin, and ginger into the chili and set crock pot to cook on LOW for 6- 8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4.
- Remove chicken from chili and shred into bite-sized pieces. Return to chili and stir in pineapple chunks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 cup chicken – diced and cooked
- 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- ¼ of Yellow Onion
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1½ cup thawed broccoli
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% of Milk
- ½ tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie or Pizza Crust
- In a large pot ( over medium heat) – melt butter – add onions, celery, broccoli – cook for 5 minutes
- Add in flour – stir constantly for 1 minute
- Add in liquids and seasonings – broth, milk, cream, pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken
- Cover for 10 minutes – stir – cook for 5 more minutes
- During this time cut out dipper – about 4 inches each. Bake on parchment paper at 450 for 8 minutes
- Pour soup into a bowl- sprinkle cheese on top and garnish with a dipper
I am looking forward to trying these new ones for our “Souper Sundays.”