Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Advent Unfolding - Day 18

  12278769_10208105602588303_3733354741871975040_n





 Week 3 – Anticipation

      Day 18 – Listen



Sometimes I just like to sit and listen – listen to the sounds around me, listen to the voice in my head (very telling – lets me know what is on my mind but more importantly in my heart) and listen for the quiet voice of my Savior.  I am reminded of Elijah when he fled into the wilderness out of fear for his life. God had just demonstrated his power in the great contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal at Mount Carmel, God had demonstrated His power by sending fire from heaven to consume the altar (1 Kings 18:38). Yet Elijah was afraid, because Jezebel had threatened his life. God could have spoken to Elijah in the power of the wind,  the power of an earthquake or in the power of another fire, but He choose to meet Elijah in a still small voice, in the quietness of the day, God came to quiet Elijah’s fears and to show him the stillness of His power. The kind of stillness you have to bend in and listen for. 

As I ponder this, I think about Jesus, a new born, sleeping in the manger, sleeping like new babies do – still, resting, peaceful yet so powerful – for He was the Almighty God but He was also the Prince of Peace.

Stillness – Peace – Listen

Pin It

No comments: