Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Advent Unfolding - Day 11

 
 

 

 

Week 2 –Gestation


      Day 11 – Carry


As I reflected upon todays word “carry,” a song  by Kansas came to mind – this song became popular the year I graduated from high school.


Carry on my wayward son,
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more


I thought about the prodigal son… how he was insistent to go off and try things his own way.


I thought about the father… how he gave his son his inheritance even though it was not yet due him, knowing he had to try things his own way, but yet waiting, trusting, hoping, knowing he would come back.


But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.    Luke 15:20


I thought about myself… how I can sometimes insist on doing things my own way, and how my Father waits, trusts, hopes & knows I will find my way.


and I thought about the way wards in my life…  how I too am waiting,  trusting, hoping and knowing they will come back. For there will be peace when they are done searching and they will lay their weary head to rest in the arms of their savior.

Pin It

No comments: