Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, September 10, 2012

Teacher Like You–Part 2

Awhile back I posted about my missionary daughter sharing from a mission trip she was on in Fiji:
“I wore my locket in the village and all the kids wanted to see (and show their friends) my mom, dad, and baby sister... one little girl was asking me about you and dad and asked me what you guys did. I told her that you taught us and later I told her that, before coming to Fiji, I was a teacher. "Oh, you're a teacher like your mother." she said. I thought about it and realized how true it was... I'm a teacher like you.”
You can see that post here:   Teacher Like You
teacher brittaney  
This daughter has entered a new season..
                           of teaching…
      of growing….              of being stretched… 
She is teaching at the YWAM based she is serving at…
226034_4618215537063_588194238_n[1]   teaching K- 2nd grade 
                         … an area she has not formal taught before 
but an area that the greatest teacher – her savior - has prepared her for 
   …by having 6 younger siblings

                 …an area she has helped her Mom teach
         
396414_4654236877574_1266850149_n[1] She is teaching 5 awesome little hearts…
                                                            
                    5 little hearts wide open with wonder…
                                       5 little hearts excited to grow and learn…
and…
            my daughter has the privilege of guiding them…
                         on this glorious journey…
                                 of exploring their creators world…

421728_4654191996452_489774373_n[1] In this one room classroom… 
more than academics will be taught…
      more than abc’s and 123’s will be recalled…
              more than structure, routine and habits will be formed… 
because these 5 children are blessed…
            to have this one teacher…  555079_444831288885122_1632658136_n[1] 
who will challenge them to discover what is not seen…
      who will surround them in creative energy…
               who will see their potential and call it out…
                       who will recognized their weaknesses and gently guide them…
                                 who will see their strengths and help nurture them….
                                          who will embrace them and love them for who they are… 
...because her Savior has done the same for her

I am so excited to see her have this opportunity to be…
              Her Saviors arms and heart to these…
                                   5 children

Things I am thankful for this week:
a new year of school
awesome back to school pictures
celebrating two precious daughter’s birthdays
opportunity to serve with the youth
awesome youth ministry for my kiddos
strength and energy for first week back
joy in seeing my children serve the Lord
seeing new opportunities to trust in our ultimate provider
time with precious friends
noisy birthday parties
friends to celebrate with
friends to encourage
friends who encourage
promotions in Sunday School
New Bibles and new potential
seeing challenges as opportunities to serve

Enjoy the opportunities He brings your way~
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw... thanks mom! I am definetly "my mother's daughter."
Thanks also for reminding me of my purpose in and for teaching these children. I hope I can be all to them that they need!