Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Menu Plan–September

I know we are already in the 2nd week of September, but I am just getting around to finishing my September Menu Plan.  We have been “winging” it this past month and eating from the pantry and freezer to the point of it being completely empty.

During August I tried a menu plan that was already put together from another site: August Menu Plan.   I like that it was put together for me, but I realize that those kind of plans do not work for me.  I quite often, did not have the items needed to make the meals, so I would end up making something totally different.  So, I am back to making up my own plans.

Some of the things I look at when making my monthly plan are:
1. What leftovers do I have in the fridge that I can make into a meal 
2. What meats do I have in the freezer that I can build meals around.
3. What pantry items do I have that can be used.
4. What do our budget or finances dictate for this month.
When I plan around what we have I am then able to save money, be more creative with what we have but also I can just “fill in” what else is needed.  This is helping our food budget. 

Here is this months Menu Plan:
image

looking forward to being back on a solid meal plan as we work into our full time school schedule.
              
Enjoy~
Pin It

No comments: