Week of 4/9 – 4/15
Monday – Mini Pizza Meatloaves
Tuesday – Sloppy Joes
Wednesday – Baked Potato Bar *
Thursday – Chicken Taco Cups
Friday – Calzones or Pizza Bites
Saturday – Breakfast Burrito Casserole
Sunday – Youth Meal – Pasta Bar
Mini Pizza Meatloaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional pizza sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, pizza sauce, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide among 12 greased muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides. Fill center with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve immediately with additional pizza sauce if desired. Or cool, place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pizza cups: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Heat on a microwave-safe plate on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. dozen.
.Recipe from: Taste of Home
Chicken Taco Cups
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped ripe olives, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half of the salsa and 1 cup cheese.
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture into cups; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Recipe from: Taste of Home
Breakfast Burrito Casserole
- 2 cups of diced ham, cooked sausage, or cooked bacon ( any of them work, but we prefer sausage)
- 10 tortillas (We prefer corn, but you can also use flour tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, pepper jack, or colby jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups half and half ( you can use milk, but half and half is better)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- salsa for serving
In a large bowl combine meat and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
Place about 1/4 cup of mixture in each tortilla and roll up.
Place filled tortillas into a 9×13 pan.
In a bowl combine eggs, half and half, and salt. Mix together well and pour over filled tortillas.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, remove them from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more.
Serve with salsa and enjoy!
Recipe from: www.lynnskitchenadventures.comPin It