Looking for a variation to bean Burritos – Try Bean ChimichangasI love Chimichangas, but the recipe that I have made in the past calls for you to fry them the whole time making them oh so good, but you use allot of oil– making them oh not so healthy for you and they are time consuming to make a bunch of them – which I need to fed this clan.
I can across this recipe where you bake then, so I thought I would try them. I will make these with left over homemade beans and nacho cheese sauce next time we have a Nacho Bar Night.
Serves : 12 servings
- 12 tortillas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 block 16 oz. pkg. Velveeta®
- 1/2 can RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Chiles
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Place beans, RO*TEL®, and VELVEETA® in a pot and heat until cheese is all melted.
- Then warm up your tortillas so they are easier to work with.
- You will then add egg whites to a bowl and mix with whisk. You will add beans to the middle of your tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and then add egg whites all around your beans and fold up. To fold start with one side and fold up an inch and then fold sides and then add more egg white where you make the last fold.
- Flash-fry chimis by placing in a pan of 2 TB Vegetable oil on medium heat. Heat on both sides for a minute or so. Place fried chimis back onto a pan seam-side down.
- After finishing flash-frying your chimis, back at 350 for 12-15 minutes.