Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Land of the Living


clip_image002and He said to me,

Enter the Land of the Living

No, my soul, there only is the land of the living where there are none but the living; where there is a church, not militant, but triumphant; a church indeed, but no churchyard, because none dead, nor none that can die; where life is not passive, nor death active; where life sits crowned, and where death is swallowed up in victory.
Sir Richard Baker.

There only is the land of the living where there are none but the living… where life is not passive…

The definition of living is:

Living
  1. living, alive
    1. green (of vegetation)
    2. flowing, fresh (of water)
    3. lively, active (of man)
    4. reviving, renewal (of the springtime)

These words are all active not passive: flowing, lively, active, reviving.

Living is active not passive.

I shared at the beginning of the year that I receive a word from the Lord each year to study and meditate on…

All year I have been pondering, and seeking revelation on these words…

… Enter the Land of the Living

each of these words are active and not passive…

ENTER… I must enter… step foot into… the land of the living

So, over this past year I have been pondering what keeps me from entering…

Fear

Fear... of being left alone when it really matters, left to just survive…

Fear and doubt of your true goodness…  that you may not complete and accomplish what you have promised.

Fear that I will have to give or sacrifice…    more than I want to - more than I am able to.

Fear of having to embrace the pain... to embrace life fully, to love fully , means to feel the pain that comes with really living and loving. Sometimes it is easier to HOLD it at a distance, keep a wall around it. Then to live in the reality of this fallen world… Really living means living in that reality…

And then His words… Jesus – who is the living word… meets me in that place and speaks so clearly to my heart, deep into my soul… straight to those fears and says…

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord…
In the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

The different version of this scripture say:

I would have lost heart…  I would have fainted… I would have despaired …
     …unless I had believed …unless I was confident 
              I would see the goodness of the Lord
When  I do not believe or have confidence in the goodness of the Lord…  
I loose heart, become faint of heart...  
I am weary and live in despair…  
but because of His goodness I can..
live… remain alive… have life… sustain life
     live prosperously… live forever…
          be quickened.. be alive… be restored to life or health
               from sickness … from discouragement… from faintness… from death
                     be restored to life… be caused to grow… be revived

Jesus came to give all this… to be our portion… to be our refuge… our strong tower… our
hiding place… our safe place…

He came to give life.. and to give it abundantly… to the fullest…
clip_image004I cried out to You, O Lord: I said,
"You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.       

I treasure…  this life… this place…  this land of the living
the joys…  the sorrows…   the ups…  the downs…  the pleasures… the pain… 
the love…  the hurt… 

I desire to treasure and embrace all that this living entails…

but above all,  I treasure my Jesus… who is my portion…
in this land of the living…

Artist: Waterdeep
Album: Enter The Worship Circle
One thing I ask of you
This is what I seek
That I may dwell in your house
Feel your pleasure wash over me
One thing I ask of you
This is what I need
That I may hide in your hands
Feel your presence fall over me
Chorus:
And I am confident of this one thing
That my eyes will be blessed
When they gaze upon your beauty
And my lips will be sweet
When they whisper words of praise
And my heart will be dancing
When it knows that you are with me
And I will see your goodness
In the land of the living


#96 excitement in all you have in store for us
#97 my fears can be washed away by dwelling in your presence
#98 you cover all things
#99 making a way
#100 sending others to encourage
#101 love of brothers & sisters in Lord
#102 kindred spirits to pray with
#103 challenges… opportunity to pray more
#104 challenges… opportunity to trust more
#105 successful surgery for papa
#106 covering papa’s recovery
#107 giving nana peace
#108 watching special son enjoy show on the nook
#109 simple things my hubby finds joy in
#110 chunky chicken soup… so yummy!!
#111 updates on papa’s surgery
#112 youngest brother giving us updates
#113  hubby spending time with fellow believer
#114 paperwork
#115 the living word
#116 Jesus – my portion
#117 consistency
#118 being a work in progress
#119 being able to embrace life… fully
#120 your goodness Pin It

No comments: