Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, February 27, 2012

Children’s Books



One of my all time favorite children’s book is “Ten in the Bed” by Penny Dale

I use to read this book over and over to my  to my two oldest.

The illustrations are gorgeous and the wording is delightful.

But my favorite part of the book is how the child is referred to as  “the little one.” 






It starts out..
There were ten in the bed and the little one said…
“roll over, roll over!” 

…and thus begins an evening  of “the little one” pushing his stuffed animals out of bed, one by one.


my favorite page is when all the animals have been thrown out of the bed…
… There was one in the bed and the little on said,
“I’m cold, I miss you!”   little one 001


So they all came back…    


and finally there were…
Ten in the bed, all fast asleep. 


Sometimes we can be like “the little one”…

…feeling like we don’t need anyone or we are better off alone. 

There have been many times over the years that I have said,

   “I can do this myself”…  “It’s just me ”….    “I’m better off alone”…

But…  He never intended for us to be alone…  Even in the beginning there was three…

The Father, Son & Spirit… 

He said,  "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;”   Genesis 1:26

And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."        Genesis 2:18

The creator of the universe said… it is not good that we should be alone… 
I know the times I have wanted to be alone or have felt alone…
are the times I have been hurt or disappointed in relationships… 
During those times He tells me not to be afraid, or discouraged.…
He says,  “little one, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go.”  
…He, himself will go before me and He will be with me,
he will never leave me or abandon me. 

He brings me wonderful relationship…

He takes great delight in me…    He quiets me with His love…     
He rejoices over me…    He sings to me…

So, I return to Him…  His love… and I find confidence and strength in that place… confidence to rest… to trust… again…

and in that place is sweetness…  the sweetness of relationship…

So, there may not be “ten in the bed” … but this “little one” is never alone…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Duet 31:8
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."   Zephaniah 3:17
"In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15
The heartfelt advice (fellowship) of a friend is as sweet as perfume. Proverbs 27:9
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24


#121 papa's successful surgery
#122 papa's recovery
#124 Special son's obedience at co-op
#125 body of Christ reaching out
#126 watching girlie's have a girls night
#127 seeing children serve the Lord
#128 finished perspectives homework
#129 e-mail of encouragement from special mommy friend
#130 sweet comments by friends
#131going out to dinner with oldest son for his birthday
#132 spending day shopping with hubby and younger kids
#133 belongings worship night
#134 taking youth out to serve
#135 oldest son's face when youth surprised him with B-day Cake
#136 -29 youth plus 9 leaders fasting for world hunger
#137 young friend of daughters reconnecting with Lord
#138 30 hour famine movie - hope it showed
#139 special time with missionary daughter
#140 peace, peace, peace
#141 cute adorable coat for pepper
#142 relief for aching shoulder
#143 your grace for when I blow it
#144 seeing areas I need to trust more
#145 over $4000 raised by youth for world hunger




Pin It

No comments: