Hot Dog Enchiladas
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle of favorite picante sauce
- 10 all beef hot dogs or 10 turkey hot dogs
- 10 tortillas
- 10 slices cheddar cheese or 10 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- Grill hot dogs.
- Combine picante sauce and chili.
- Heat tortillas in microwave or in a skillet.
- Place cheese slices in tortillas.
- Place hot dogs in middle of tortillas and roll tortilla so hot dog and cheese is enclosed.
- Preset oven for 350°F.
- Pour half picante chili mixture in casserole dish.
- Place hot dogs wrapped in tortillas into the casserole.
- Top with remaining picante chili mixture.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and top with cheese chopped onion and green chiles
- Place back in oven until cheese has melted.
- Take out cool and enjoy.
I have also added homemade enchilada sauce to the canned chili to make it go further.
Cheap, quick, hearty and good!!! Can’t get better than that… especially on a low budget week!!!