Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cowboy Quesadillas

 

I have been looking for some easy, fast recipes for summer that do not require heating up the oven…  This seemed to fit the bill.

Cowboy Quesadillas    Cowboy Quesadillas

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound (8 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • can (10 oz.) RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
  • cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)

Directions

1. COMBINE VELVEETA and RO*TEL® in 1-1/2-qt. microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 3 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 2 min. Stir in chicken and onions.

2. SPRAY large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat. Spoon about 2/3 cup chicken mixture onto half of 1 tortilla; fold in half. Add to skillet; cook 1 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.

3. CUT into wedges

For my family I would have to triple this recipe.  If I was making this for the whole family, I would use shredded Mexican Blend cheese instead of the Velveeta.  If I was making it for the younger kids, I would use the Velveeta.

Recipe From: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/recipedetail.jsp?recipeId=RU160145

Pin It

No comments: