1. For conveince - which most days I need that.
2. My girls can easily make these items, without my assistance.
Here are two recipes using spice cake mix...
Apple Pie Pizza
Start with a spice cake mix, add some oats, cheese, walnuts, and apple pie filling, and you end up with a fabulous fall dessert.
- 1 pkg. two layer spice cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups quick oats, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 21-oz. can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup craisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12" round pizza pan or 13x9" cake pan and set aside. Combine cake mix, 1 cup oats, cheese, and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl and mix until crumbly.
Reserve 1 cup of these crumbs. Add egg to remaining crumbs and mix until combined. Press into greased pan and bake for 10 minutes. To reserved crumbs, add 1/4 cup oats, 2 Tbsp. butter, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix well.
Remove crust from oven and spread with apple pie filling. Sprinkle with craisins, then top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15-25 minutes longer until crumbs are golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Pumpkin Cake Muffins
- Mix all ingredients in mixer.
- Makes 24 muffins.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.
- They will be very moist.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/weight-watchers-2-point-pumpkin-muffins-145312#ixzz1psJbFYO4 and http://novembergrey.blogspot.com/2010/04/skinny-tricks.html