Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Dollie

 

Today is my missionary daughters 21st birthday...

Today she becomes a full fleaged adult...



Today she is able to legally make ALL those  decisions concerning life...



My "little dollie" is now a grown woman...








with a beauty that radiats the glory of the Lord...
with a fragrance that draws others
                                                to His presence...









She has endured many years of mother - daughter dress up times...




 with grace and dignity... 






She endured living with four brothers.... 


which has shaped her into the person she is today...



both a tomboy and a princess...

and those four brothers still desire to be her hero and hate to share her with other guys...

yet..



to this day is more comfortable hanging out with the guys.


She waited a long time to receive her triple blessings... 

and she received each one with love...

her three "silly sisters"  cherish her...
                            ... and never get enough of her









I am so grateful and blessed beyond measure to not only call her daughter...




but to also call her FRIEND.

I have heard many parents say...

I have even said it myself a time or two...

 “Your children don’t need you to be their friend; they need you to be their parent,”

I think Jesus teaches otherwise. 
Jesus lead the way for us.  He modeled by example...

I believe it is possible to do both...
... that it is essential to do both
    ...and most definately rewarding and joyfilled to do both
                               ...if we desire to follow His example.

Jesus said something exceptionally beautiful one day to His disciples:
“Greater love has no one than this; that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:13-15

As my children have grown, I have seen the value in being their friend... 

                I have treasured the long talks we have had...

                                  I have found the tremendous joy in calling them friend...

I treasure and honor this friendship between...

this mother and this daughter....   










I love you dollie...

Happy 21st Birthday...

You are an incredable daughter, friend...
                          
                                           ...and woman of God




Pin It

No comments: