Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, December 6, 2013

Faith produces perseverance

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

I have this love/hate relationship with the book of James…

              So, stretching… so revealing…

                          Yet… so full of truth and life…

Faith produces perseverance…

               Let perseverance… PATIENCE

Finish its work…

                   So that I can be mature and complete, not lacking anything…

If I lack wisdom… I need to ask… because He will give generously and without finding fault…

            Without pointing fingers or reminding me I blew it somewhere…       without condemnation.

WOW…  truth…     life giving wisdom

But…

when you ask… do not doubt…

           do not be double mined and unstable in what you do, say one thing but act as if you do not believe…

So, I am on this journey of discovery….

             a journey of not focusing on the lacking… of not living out of the lacking..

Lacking...

without something necessary: without or with not enough of something that is needed

missing: not present or available

Not living as if something is missing or not present…

                        not living as if I do not have enough…. As if He is not enough…

                                                 that He is not available…

DSCN5170

I asked for your perfect timing… just like the house and you gave it to me… and it was perfect… not without trial or stress… but perfect in timing and you were producing perseverance…

Going for another round… with finances and waiting for Jubilee $.  And the answer came… with delays in the jubilee funds…  but you are answering…

You answer…         In your perfect timing…    I do not see the perfectness of this timing yet…. I will not until it comes…

You are giving me my hearts desire…  to have a stress free (peace filled), Giving Christmas… to enjoy it.

That can be done … just by changing my attitude…  by changing my focus…

Give as planned…   give with what we have.

do not be stressed… do not worry… do not look at the lacking…

                    focus on the giving… focus on the gift...

Enjoy… the season… the decorating… the working together… family… friends…. The Gift

             Attitude…

                      personal view of something: an opinion or general feeling about something

What is my view or opinion of my situation…. Is it one of stress…. Is it one of lacking…

or…

                Is it one of seeing the blessings… Is it one of fullness…

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything

Consider it pure joy…

Pure…

not mixed: not mixed with any other substance

free from contamination: clean and free from impurities

complete:

Joy… not mixed with fear…

            Joy… free from worry…

Joy… Complete

          Complete… not lacking anything…

Because of Him…

My Shekinah Glory….

          The one who brings….    the one who invites the presence of the Lord….

                        His indwelling presences…

she came and nestled beside me …. on the couch pressed up against me…

looking at boxes of Christmas decorations…. New (but old) decorations sent from Nana…

            She whispered… we are so blessed…

My heart leaped with Joy…     as I said, "yes, we are, we are so blessed."

                 Pure Joy…        Complete….      Not lacking anything.

So our journey begins…     a season of giving…     giving our Christmas away…

      Join us on the journey…   of Discovering…   The Gift through giving.

Pin It

No comments: