Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

He is enough







I have been pondering the word contentment for years…

more than pondering

… actually wrestling with

… dwelling on and desiring to know what true contentment looks and feels like.


The dictionary describes contentment as:
 




con·tent·ment
  
1. the state of being contented; satisfaction; ease of mind.
    peace of mind; mental or emotional satisfaction    
2. to be possessed of unfailing strength
    a) to be strong, to suffice, to be enough, to be satisfied, to be contented


Tucked away in the midst of these definitions is:
              ... to be enough

But sometimes, I admit that I am not satisfied, my life does not posses unfailing strength, I am not strong, where I am at - does not suffice, it is not enough...

… and then…

I go to the foot of the cross and I see my savior with His arms stretched out and I ponder his words...


He said " it is finished"
it is completed

... it is enough



I treasure these words...

because of what He did…
because of Him… it is enough…


He is enough … For I have learned that His unfailing strength, suffices, satisfies all my needs, all my concerns, all my longings, and all my desires…


…He is Enough




When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30




#35 not being good enough
#36 spending time with my oldest
#37 cuddles with my Angel
#38 provision... bills paid
#39 time away with middle son, to hear his heart to see how he has grown
#40 realizing I am not enough for them... but He is
#41 husband that runs our errands
#42 daughter back safe on US soil
#43 physical therapy for my shoulder
#44 hug and relief on special son's face to see me
#45 studing God's word together with a group of friends
#46 friends that pray, study worship and care for one another
#47 waking up to Larry Boy singing "worthy is the Lord God Almighty"
#48 joy worship music brings my special son
#49 listening to and singing worship music all morning with my girls
#50 having long talk with my missionary daughter...
Pin It

No comments: