Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, June 18, 2017

An Open Letter to My Children's Father

Today we celebrate this man (my man) for the father that he is.  I wanted to share with the world (or those willing to read this humble blog) a letter I wrote him.

June 18, 2017


Dear David,


I know that it is our children’s role to wish you a Happy Father’s Day today, but I wanted to take the time to tell you how grateful I am for the Father you are to them.  I could not imagine doing this journey of parenthood without you. I am in awe of how God took two people like us, who where reluctant to be parents, and blessed us beyond our own understanding and ability with 8 children (and one waiting in heaven).  



 You play such an important role in their lives, one that can only be filled by you.  I love how you
have instilled a strong work ethic into them.  You have shown them that hard work is a worthy pursuit and one that they honor you with today.  You have modeled faithfulness and perseverance.  You have instilled in them the importance of critical thinking and taught them to think for themselves.  You have challenged them to search for truth and check what they hear. You have encouraged them to think outside the box and to see that there is more than one angle to view things at.  You have given them a love for history, music, old movies, adventure and politics.



I love how you have found a way to connect with each one of them and you find small and big ways
to pour into each on of them, from a burrito, Beatles memorabilia, hub caps, food for their friends, an In and Out burger or a weekly trip to McDonalds, to nurturing their hobbies with saws and sanders, jars to make candles in, special instruments and kitchen appliances to learn cooking in.  




You have spend many years investing in them everyday by going to work and cauffeuring them in the evenings and/or weekends. 

Thank you for taking them on special adventures and building special memories with them.  

I pray that you will know how loved and appreciated you are.  That you will see how significant your role in their lives is. 


I pray that you will never grow weary of investing in them and spending time with them.  
I pray you will continue to value the relationships you have with each of our children and you will see the great wealth that God has given you.  



David, you are a rich man.  I love you more than words can express and I say THANK YOU for being Nick, Brittaney, Alex, Aaron, Jonathan, Audriona, Angel and Shekinah’s Dad. Thank you for being YOU.

Hugs and Kisses,
Your Special K  (his nickname for me)  



As we celebrate today, I have reflected on some other post I have made in honor of him.  


Happy Father's Day - You are loved, You are honored, You are blessed


Pin It

No comments: